Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The Climax

Well, this is it. I'm meeting up for drinks with New Girl tonight. The purpose of this little happy hour is to tell her that I'm seeing someone else, and can't see her anymore. That's not really accurate, since I never actually see her now, but whatever. It's the principle.
I IMed her yesterday, and her away message popped up, "Working. Counting down to Florida." Now, waitaminute. Didn't she just get back from Florida? And doesn't Kite Surfer Mike live in Florida? Am I being paranoid here? I don't think I am. She used to talk to me about all of her trips. I haven't heard a thing about this one. So I panicked and signed off. But now she knows I saw it, so she's gonna head me off at the pass and excitedly tell me how she's going to Florida to visit her grandma, or some stupid shit like that. I've learned a lesson here. If a girl has a boyfriend, but still wants to date you, it means she's not an honest person. That's not a brilliant epiphany by any means. I just wanted to put it out there.
Now, I'm not big on playing games, but there is definitely a place for it. Oh come on. You know it's true. If everyone was straight with each other, what fun would that be? So tonight, I'm gonna explain to her that I'm seeing someone else, and that, now that things are moving forward, I feel the need to make Hoboken Girl the only woman in my life. "It has nothing to do with you. I just feel like this is the right thing to do." This way, she can finally feel the sting of rejection that I've been enduring in small, subtle doses for the last month. Hopefully, it'll be an honest conversation about what's been going on, and hopefully we'll part ways friends. Yeah, right. I'm gonna end up with a broken bottle in my eye, or even worse, I'm gonna chicken out again.
Stay tuned!

No comments: