I’m a big fan of “summer songs.” Always have been. Last summer was excellent for summer songs. This summer started out really promising, thanks to Lady Gaga (“Poker Face”) and Kelly Clarkson (“My Life Would Suck Without You”). And then, for some reason, it just went in the tank. Between the middle of June and now, every attempt at a summer jam has fallen flat. Everytime I turned on VH1 or 95.7 (Houston’s Hottest Jamz!) I was smacked in the face with Shinedown. Or Pink. Or (shudder) Daughtry. What the hell went wrong?! Then, somehow, someway, the industry started to rally. The last couple of weeks have been great for summer songs. Hell, even Black Eyed Peas made a contribution and they’re terrible!
Ahem...I know I’ve been terrible about keeping up with this blog lately. I’m gonna come out of hibernation though. Things are happening. Stuff is going on. The wheels seem to be turning in both my personal life and my professional life. Updates will start. But until then, enjoy the waning days of summer. Umm…that comment is directed more towards my friends in other parts of the country. Summer will still be going on in mid-October here. But! We are in September now, so…time to turn the page. Until then...summer jamz:
Summer Songs
And I'd be remiss if I didn't include the song that kicked off my obsession with summer songs all those years ago.
Summertime - DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
-

2 comments:
Bah! Those bastards. Okay, you only get 30 seconds of some of those songs. Sorry about that. Just click "play full song here" if you want to hear the whole thing. Which you do. Trust me.
i love your how much you enjoy your cheesy pop music so much!!!! keep blogging, sucka!!
Post a Comment