Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Enter. Return.

Well, here's the problem with letting a month pass without ever writing anything. I can't remember what was going on in my life five weeks ago. I can't give a concise little summary as backstory to what I'm doing now. I guess I can try...
Hmmm....I moved from the Upper East Side of Manhattan to Astoria, Queens. I now have three roommates instead of just one. The apartment is a lot bigger, I have a balcony in my room, and we have two living rooms. And my rent is about $100 cheaper. I know what you're thinking. "You added two more roommates, moved out of Manhattan, and it's still only $100 cheaper?!" Well, like I said, I have a balcony in my room. And a door I can close! I'm okay with it.
I started a new job at a PR firm. I'm on the Trojan (giggle!) and Centrum (umm...giggle?) accounts. So far, so good. I like the people, and I've always wanted to work at an office with one of those quirky "brainstorming rooms." Ours has a orange couch in it. HAHA!! Weird!! Anyway, we've only brainstormed in it once, but that was all I've ever needed.
So that's how I've been filling my days for the past week or so. Before that I was preoccupied with moving. Which brings us to where we are now...
You've read this much, I know you're waiting for the conflict. I wish I had one to report. Granted, I e-mail back and forth with New Girl every couple of days, but other than that, things are fine. I know. How boring. Things with Hoboken Girl are all peaches and cream. We've been dating for over two months now. Yeesh. That's a long time by my standards. Although, I didn't start dating until college, and didn't date after college, so to judge my relationship stamina during that time frame isn't fair. All I cared about in college was hanging out at bars with my friends. Who knows. Once we hit three months, I'm sure something will dramatic will happen. I can't seem to get over that hump. So stay tuned...

1 comment:

Beth said...

where did you go?