Thursday, March 02, 2006

They call it "Throatopia"

Well, I somehow hit the trifecta. Tonsilitis, pharyngitis and strep throat. Basically, some very well organized germs formed a colony in my throat with unprecedented success. In fact, I hear they're having elections next week.
I feel like absolute and utter dog doo. I'm flying to Dallas today for a friend's wedding. Although my flight is at 7:00, I've decided to risk it and just show up at the airport (where I'm sitting right this second). I figured I could get on standby for an earlier flight with no problem. It would've been fine but for one simple fact: the rain/snow/sleet disaster happening just outside the window over my left shoulder. Flights are being canceled, people are being bumped, all hell has broken loose. I'm on a 5:30 flight now, but from what I understand, it probably won't be taking off until sometime late Tuesday. This blows.
It was really strange being out of work for an entire week. It wasn't enjoyable. I have a hard time getting a week's worth of work done in one week. Now I have to get two week's worth of work done in one week. Hmm...trying saying that five times fast. Hell, try reading it five times fast. Anyway, it was hardly a vacation. When I wasn't sleeping, I was working. Hmm...I guess that's everyday, isn't it?

By the way, whoever wrote that last comment brought a big smile to my disease-ravaged face. Kirk and Spock can be a force to reckon with when they're working together.

No comments: