Thursday, March 02, 2006

Fast Times at Gate D10

Okay, so we're approaching hour six in lovely terminal one at LaGuardia airport. It's an often overlooked tourist attraction here in New York. That sandwich on the floor next to me has to be a historical relic by now.
So that whole "show up early and get on standby" thing works a lot better when it isn't snowing outside. Just for future reference. Flights were canceled, meaning any chance I had of getting on an earlier flight was kaput. So here I sit. Waiting for the 7:00 flight I was originally booked on. Which has been delayed until 8:15. This day keeps getting better and better!
You know, not a whole lot has happened since I last wrote. I can't say I've seen too many interesting characters, because I really haven't been paying attention. I saw a dog that wouldn't stop barking. I saw a kid in a stroller eating a banana. I saw some people.
Good lord, get me out of here. So, I'm looking forward to this weekend. Weddings are fun. And Hud, the groom, is an extremely fun guy. This is a guy who in college would drink 15 packs of Schlitz Malt Liquor (by choice!). He called it his briefcase. In fact, he was a connoisseur of bad beers. Schlitz, Schaefer, Meisterbrau, Thunderbird(!). Hud is 6'9" and 250, but he's as gentle as a kitten. Big sweetie. Of course, there's a part of me that has always wanted to see him snap. Like Lambert the Sheepish Lion. That would be incredible.

2 comments:

irwin f. fletcher said...

Give us more Bloggert!

cory said...

I'm glad you doing the blegthhh again. Mine is on it's death bed.