Well, a lot has happened since...March 2nd, 2006. Good lord. I've really gone almost 8 months since writing?! Time flies when you're...ummm...living life, I suppose.
Lucky for you, faithful reader, I'm not really living life these days. I officially packed my bags and relocated to Austin, TX at the beginning of September. These days my routine looks like this: 8:00 am, alarm goes off. Wake up. 8:05 am, turn on coffee maker. Turn on the Today Show (if you can think of anything better showing on network television at 8:00 in the morning, please enlighten me). 8:10-8:30 am, drink coffee, watch Today Show. Reminisce about Rockefeller Center. 8:45 am, go to gym. I joined a place called Hyde Park Gym. It's frequented by senior citizens and bodybuilders. And me. That's it. I once saw a cute girl in there, and when I went to get some water, I saw her powerlifting 200 pounds. Seriously. 11:15ish am, shower, dress. Noon - 5:00 pm, look for jobs. 5:00 pm, Jeopardy! 5:30 pm, Nightly News, make dinner.
That's my life. I have to say, the worst part of moving back to Texas isn't the heat, or the awful AWFUL car commercials that all pander to the retarded notion of Texas pride (more on that some other time), it's the conversations with friends that inevitably begin, "so have you found a job yet?" I can't blame them though. What I do (or should be doing) from 8-5 everyday usually is a point of interest.
Anyway, this post is supposed to serve as the prologue to Part II of my blog. Part I is officially over. I know it ended rather unceremoniously, and I apologize for that. The new adventures will begin soon. Don't you worry.
-

No comments:
Post a Comment