I know. I know. It's been four months. Luckily no one reads this thing anymore, so I haven't gotten any "why haven't you written on your blog lately?" comments. Thanks, MySpace!!
Well, I have a job. I'm working at Apple. I would talk about what my job is specifically, but really, who cares. Just think Tom Smykowski from Office Space, and you're close enough. I work with the goddamn customers so the software people don't have to.
I noticed something as I pulled into work one morning. That is, that the last four years of my life have had a bit of an "apple" theme. Granted, it's only on the surface, and it's nothing worth noticing, but kinda interesting. Consider:
When I first left Texas, it was an impulsive decision, and my new home was going to be determined by one thing - where I could live for free, but somewhere other than Texas (and living with my mom in Louisiana wouldn't fly). Well, I called my friend Adrian, an old roommate in college, and he'd been living and working in Minneapolis. So I packed everything I owned into the back of my Tahoe, and made my way north. Well, the Minneapolis tourist board likes to position the city as "The Mini Apple." Har! Like the Big Apple, but mini! And it kinda sounds like "Minneapolis!" Hooray! So there's that. Ten months later, I found myself moving to the Big Apple. Two and half years later, here I am at Apple. Amazing. What's next? Maybe I'll meet a nice young lady with one of those "apple bottoms" Nelly likes to talk about. Good lord, I hope that isn't true.
South by Southwest came and went a couple weeks ago. It was a fun week. The perfect storm of awesome, really, considering it coincided with St. Patrick's Day AND the NCAA tournament. And I was able to see friends I haven't seen in some time. I really wasn't exposed to that much new stuff musically, although, I only went to a handful of shows. I did get to see a band called CPC Gangbangs, which was worth it simply for the opportunity to say, "welp. See you guys later. I've got a gangbang I'm late for." And the opening act, Juiceboxxx, whose entire performance entailed a wiry white guy in chef pants rapping and dancing in the crowd to some pre-recorded music. Very, very strange. And when the show was over, he bowled through the crowd, and laid on his back next to the bar for a good two minutes (and yes, I used the stopwatch on my phone to time him).
So that pretty much brings us up to date. I'll do my best to update this more frequently, but like I've said before, no promises.
-

1 comment:
you can't stop the rock.
--juiceboxxxx
Post a Comment