Friday, February 10, 2006

Too sleepy to do anything, too sleepy to sleep

My brain is all over the place, so I'm just going to jot down some random thoughts. I know, I know. Trust me, I have to scan blogs at work, I know how excrutiating a "random thought" session on a blog can be. The ones I run across usually go something like this:
1.) If Sean really loved me, he wouldn't have fucked that whore Jeanette
2.) Why do we really need algebra really? Like I'm ever gonna need that.
3.) My mom found my cigarettes and yelled at me. Whatever I know she takes them from me just to smoke them

Yeah, this is the kind of crap I read on a regular basis. Thanks for nothing, college education! Alright. Stream of consciousness, do your worst!

1.) The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay is to the subway as The DaVinci Code is to airports
2.) There's a feeling of conflict eating my guts. The excitement and freedom being completely single allows vs. the heartbreak of knowing I may not see her again for a long time.
3.) I wish my taste in music was better. Everything, I mean EVERYTHING I like is slow or sad or mellow or whatever. What the hell happened? My favorite video as a kid was "Wild Side" by Motley Crue. I liked punk in high school and college. Somewhere along the line my rock bone got broken.
4.) Is it me, or are some of these Olympic athletes a little pudgy? Those must be the curlers.
5.) There has GOT to be more to do in New York at night beyond bars. Right?
6.) Okay, some girl (Kelly Clark) is on her cell phone during the part where the US athletes all walk out together. You better be on the phone with your dying grandmother, Kelly.
7.) Why the hell am I watching the opening ceremonies? Oh, because it's Friday night at 10:30 and I'm too tired to even think about leaving the apartment.
8.) Way to go, South Africa! Three athletes! Ooh, Tajikstan is up next!
9.) Tajikistan: 1. Sweet.
10.) I never knew just how loud an accordian was until just this second. There's a shitty (check that - REALLY shitty) marching band/bunch of assholes with an accordion, some sleigh bells and some godawful singing voices parading down the sidewalk. They're six floors down, and yet, it sounds like they're out on the fire escape. Will I be considered a New Yorker if I throw a toaster at them? Because I'd like to hang on to my Resident Texan status.
11.) Alright, this is ridiculous. I'm going to bed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You insult my country. This will not be forgotten.

Tarjak,

President of Tajikistan

Anonymous said...

Your readership seems to have declined, what with all the not-posting for 6 months.

Beth said...

In reference to #3, I think it's healthy to immerse yourself in sad music for a while.

Try something by Mark Kozelek. THAT guy can really pull on some heart strings. His voice is the definition of "melancholy" and one of my favorites.

irwin f. fletcher said...

COME BACK!!