Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Three day weekends are the best! Unless you have to work.

Back! I didn't post anything yesterday because, for one thing, it was Monday. But more than that, it was Presidents Day. Which means well over half of the office had the day off. We have this policy where you can have either MLK Day or Presidents Day off, and since MLK Day arrived less than three weeks after our ten day Christmas holiday, most people held out. Of course, none of this is relevant to me, since I'm not technically a full-time employee until the Monday after next. Ah, to be a contractor. You're one slip in the shower from being completely bankrupt. What a country!!

I went to Supercuts last night to get a Supercut. I wandered in at a little after 8:00, so it was just me and one other customer. This customer was a girl. This girl was getting a lot of stuff done because when they rang her up, her total was over $100! Look, for the most part, I have no problem with Supercuts. You can get a decent haircut for a decent price ($15) and it's quick and easy. But invariably they'll do something wrong. Either they'll leave one piece too long or they'll cut something too short - it's the price you pay. I once had a woman practically shave my head, and when I got home, I realized she'd completely forgotten to "clean my neck up." So I was sprouting a neck mullet, which complimented my shaved head quite horribly, as you might imagine. But again, $15. But if you're going to spend $100 on a haircut, wouldn't you go somewhere better than Supercuts? I mean, is this what girls typically spend on a haircut?! There had to be highlights or something else involved here, right? I need enlightenment.

Clearly I don't have a lot to say today. The weekend was pretty uneventful. So I'll just casually mention that tomorrow may or may not be the mailblog and launch right into our healthy snack of the day!

(side note: for some unbelievably annoying reason, my company's IT department has just decided to block the website I do this blog on. This is not good. We'll see what happens.)

Quaker Chewy Low Fat Peanut Butter Granola Bars

Calories: 90
Fat: 2g/3%
Other: 10% of your daily recommended Calcium!

Overall: Well, just like with the Special K Bar (which in retrospect, may have been a tad too sweet), this little snack is just that. Little. In fact, I've gotten to where I'm eating them in two bites. Or if I feel like extending my snack break to thirteen seconds instead of nine, I'll break it into three bites. The drawback to this is that I'll finish one, and then look around my desk hoping another one will magically appear. They never do. But if I was at home, where the box is, I'd feel okay eating two, since most healthy snacks are around 200 calories anyway. But anyway, it's pretty tasty. I love peanut butter. If they made peanut butter cologne, I would wear it. Unfortunately, this granola bar tastes more like peanuts than peanut butter. It's a subtle difference, but dammit, I want peanut butter, not peanuts.

Pros: Peanut butter is good.
Cons: Small, peanutty, doesn't magically appear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've actually had to go to peanut butter rehab, after an injury involving my hand and a peanut butter jar. Peanut butter rehab is pretty much "stop buying it, and hope you forget about it someday." Not as fancy as wherever Lindsay Lohan stayed.

Robert Knox, my office stayed open on Presidents Day. Which meant all personal reflection on presidents happened on company time. So I'll ask you now - who is your favorite president? (Not necessarily by what they did in office, since I also judge presidents by their facial hair and whether or not they had a monacle.)

Anonymous said...

mr. peanut had a monacle. he's like the grampa of peanut butter.

Either that or peanut butter is some sort of Mr. Peanut expectorant.