Granted, we would be leaving New Orleans Monday morning, so it's possible Gustav wouldn't even make landfall until after we'd already left. But still. If he's on a collision course with that city, it's possible (just possible) things might start shutting down. I hear they've had a hurricane there before.And I'm not sure how I'd feel about being evacuated from New Orleans and sitting in traffic on I-10 for sixteen hours. Grrrr.... For the sake of this blog entry, I'm going to pretend Gustav isn't there. Yup. He's gonna dry up in the warm, hurricane-producing waters of the Gulf of Mexico. He doesn't exist...
So...it's gonna be an awesome weekend in the Crescent City! I'm really looking forward to saddling up to the bar with a silly frozen drink in my hand and watching twelve straight hours of college football. I'm gonna buy ridiculous beads and wear a feathery Mardi Gras mask and eat a lot of jambalaya. It's gonna be great.
The truth is, I kinda love that city. I haven't been back since New Years. It'll be interesting to see how many memories come flooding back (poor choice of words?) and how much of it is tied to D*nna. So. It could be interesting. Ideally, my happy memories of the city will be tied simply to the city itself. And it really is an amazing place, between the French Quarter, the Marigny, St. Charles, the big houses, the sleepy pace...
So, we'll see. Stay tuned!

2 comments:
I'm punching you in the balls.
Ever heard of a jinx Robert.
Yep...my fist, your balls.
Cory
Post a Comment