Well, in the first time since...uhh...ever, I'm not dog-tired on a Monday. Why is that? Well, usually I'm dog-tired on a Monday because I'd spent the previous two days drinking too much and smoking too much. This past weekend I had family fun time in Monroe with my mom, my brother, my sister and my brother-in-law. A good time was had by all. We were lazy, we relaxed, we talked, we ate...your typical Monroe weekend. So! Since I'm so refreshed and restored, I should write something, right? Let's knock out some Knuggets, shall we?
I finally saw the Dark Knight this past weekend. At about the two-hour mark, I was ready to give it an enthusiastic two thumbs up. But then it kept going for another half hour, which to me, made it a tad too long. As cynical/skeptical as I am, I thought Heath Ledger was amazing. I just think they should've saved Two Face for the next installment. Overall, I thought it was good though. Nice and dark and blow-uppy.
Usually when I go out of town, I set my thermostat to around 80. This time, I decided just to turn the AC off completely -- you know, save myself a little money this weekend. Bad. Decision. I got home at around 10:30 last night and my apartment was at a cool, crisp ninety two degrees!! Good lord! So I turned on two fans, opened a window, cranked the AC and stripped down to my boxers. I was finally able to crawl in bed an hour later when the AC had brought the apartment down to a downright chilly 83 degrees. Never again. The green movement can kiss my ass.
I'd like to thank the state of Florida for keeping America's Funniest Home Videos (one of my favorite shows, by the way) on the air for almost twenty years. What would the producers do without you, jean short wearing, boat owning citizens of Florida? Thank you. For your above ground pools, your trampolines, your miniature dirtbikes, your four-wheelers and your ropes hanging from trees.
So, the Olympics ended yesterday. The US won the overall medal count with 110. China came in second with 100. However! They had 51 golds to our 36; and that's what we're really counting, right? I mean, if you use a simple weighted points system -- 3 for gold, 2 for silver, 1 for bronze -- they win...but only by a hair (223 to 220). So let's just call it even. I'm okay with that. Besides, they had a few unfair advantages. For one, they had home field. Also, they're a bunch of damn cheaters. Also, they're kinda shitty about the whole thing. So I'm more than happy with how the Olympics turned out. Phelps lived up to the hype, we won the gold in basketball. Yeehaw, the end, see you in 2012.
And from the mailblog...
Is Beverly Hills Chihuahua a sign of the apocalypse?
Richard K.
Austin, TX
I think you know the answer to that.
-

2 comments:
well. that video made me wish for death.
nice bush.
Post a Comment