My office had a Christmas lunch at a Mexican restaurant yesterday. The boss told our waiter, "I don't want to see these margarita pitchers empty, and I don't want to see any of these margarita glasses empty." Uh oh. Then he told me angrily to take off my fuckin' tie, so I did, beacause I'm a good employee, and tied it around my head like a headband.
We all drank way too much, and stumbled back to the office at around 3:00. Then they went back to business as usual. Laura, my bosses assistant, was answering phones, "Hello?! Har! Har!" and my boss would pick up, "Mmmyello?" I was like, "Stop! What the hell are you guys doing?!" It was ridiculous.
Anyway, I had about four hours to sober up before I was scheduled to take New Girl out to dinner. I warned her that I might show up a little drunk, and she was cool with that. But, obviously, I didn't want to be drunk. So I drank as much water as I could, but still smelled like alcohol, and my eyes showed that I'd been boozin' all day. It sucked. When we were at dinner, I explained to her that my brain was completely sober, but my body was drunk as shit. It was a strange feeling. I ordered a beer, a glass of water, and a cup of coffee, and that brought me back to a more controllable state.
Anyway, I had a really good time. I have no idea what's going to happen in the next couple of weeks, but it should be interesting. I need to call First Girl and break that off. Great. That's always fun.
Happy holidays and I'll write again soon!
-

1 comment:
Robert...it's Cory. This has got to be the most annoying process I've ever gone through to post a damn comment. I don't want a blog, I just want to post some insight for fuck's sake... If there's an easier way to go about this let me know. If not then I guess I'm just a complete idiot and haven't found it yet. Anyhow, you're a good writer and I find myself thoroughly amused by your writings. Keep it up.
Post a Comment