Thursday, December 30, 2004

May Old Acquaintance Be Forgot...

Well, today is my last day at NBC. And to be honest, I'm really sad about it. I'm just now getting to where I'm good at what I do, and I know a lot of people. It really sucks. And then there's the uncertainty of what's next. I hate looking for jobs. Hmmm....
Oh well. New Years is tomorrow night. Expectations are always so high. You have to have a good time, or it's just an utter disaster. My last couple of New Years have been kinda lame. Last year I was in Minneapolis, and just went to some bar with my roommate, his girlfriend, and her friends. I ended up kissing some chunky girl at midnight, because I felt like I should. Yeesh. The year before I was with some friends in San Antonio at the Riverwalk. Awesome, right?! The whole night was average, at best, and we got kicked out of our hotel room. So that was sucky.
I think New Years was a lot more important when I was between the ages of 18 and 22. As long as I was boozin', I was having fun. Although, the thing I like about New Years, is that it gives you the chance to hang out with a lot of your friends, and then at midnight, you're kinda reminded of why these are your friends. You all have a drunken sparkle in your eye, and you love everyone, and everyone needs a hug or a kiss. It's just a great feeling. So that's my goal for this year. Let the people I love know that I appreciate them.
Unless I'm making out with some stranger in the corner of the bar. That would be fine too.
Prediction: Texas Tech 28 California 45

No comments: