Monday, January 03, 2005

So this is the New Year...And I don't feel any different.

I won't even try to guess how many January 1st blog entries have that exact same title. Stupid emo kids.
Well, New Years is officially over. Another year gone, another year started with a hangover. Drinking champagne is a bad idea. The midnight toast should be with coffee, or cold showers, or Tylenol. By 12:00 you're already way too drunk anyway, and by adding a glass of dangerously tasty, sneakily alcoholic champagne into the mix, you're asking for trouble. And by "trouble," I mean "projectile vomiting."
I actually had a really great time this year. We ended up at this crazy East Village bar, complete with a rope dancing lady, and a guy rockin' out on the accordian. The place was absolutely packed with weirdos, which made for a really fun night.
I was there with First Girl, since New Girl had to, ahem, hang out with her boyfriend. There was a big group of us, so it didn't really matter to me. At around 11:58:47, I decided I needed another beer. Stupid. I got back to the room where all my friends were with about 13 seconds left until midnight. And to my surprise, and dismay, it had become ridiculously packed in there. After poking my head around a little, I realized that I wasn't going to find them, so I leaned against the wall, resigned to the fact that I'd be watching people celebrate, instead of actually celebrating. That's when this really cute Asian chick tapped me on the shoulder, and informed me that we'd be kissing at midnight. "Okay." So everyone counted down, and we made out. Hey, my prediction came true!! Then she let me know that her friend needed a kiss as well. Her friend was also extremely cute, so I was happy to oblige. Then I decided that I would like to do some more of this kissing, and started to punch Cute Asian Makeout Buddy's number into my phone. Naturally, this was when First Girl walked up. Let the drama begin!!
The rest of the night is kinda a blur. I know First Girl yelled and yelled and yelled at me, and tried to pull me into this all-out yellathon. Was I having any of this? Fuck no. I kept telling her to leave me alone, and saying things like, "Why on New Years?! Let's talk about this later!"
Anyway, she thinks I'm a huge asshole, which I kinda am, and I haven't talked to her since. But seriously, who tries to drag someone into a fight on New Years?! It's supposed to be a happy time. I hate drama. I've actually written more about that part of the night than I should've. I truely, honestly didn't give a shit that I was being yelled at. Whatever.
So Happy New Years everyone! I had a great 2004, maybe the best year of my life. I'm sorry that it's over.
Tech 45 Cal 31. Why is Texas Tech so goddamn unpredictable? Seriously.

1 comment:

reegan said...

Truth be told, neither of the chicks who you "hooked up with" were good looking... you don't have to lie...