I began working out again on Thursday. I say "again" because I hadn't really worked out (not with any regularity, anyway) since August. I had spent most of June and July getting into pretty good shape (for me, that is) and then right as I was about to turn a corner - to become a fine physical specimen - I met Donna. And my strict regimen of a healthy diet and daily exercise was cast aside and replaced with lots of booze, lots of late nights and lots of...ahem...together time. So working out was placed on the backburner. Now that I've been trampled, and once again find myself alone in the world, I really only have one option - and that's to get in amazing shape (because fuck her) and find someone better.
The exercising part has been pretty easy. Nothing new, really. Although I have tried to pay more attention to my "core," since presently, my "core" is an amorphous marshmallow. So I've been enjoying sore abs (they're not really "abs" yet, are they?) and a sore back. Since I recently had to sync my iPhone with my work computer (since my poor iBook died), the music on my phone was completely wiped out. As such, I was forced to upload the handful of actual CDs I still own to the computer at work. This left me with a pretty pitiful selection for workout music, considering most of my CDs are of the "slow, easy-going, nap-taking" variety; not exactly conducive to feeling the burn and pumping iron. Therefore, my mix only consists of eight songs:
Appleseed Cast - A Fate Delivered
Junior Senior - Move Your Feet
Shiny Toy Guns - You Are The One
Trigger Point - A Silent Protest
The Upwelling - Murdered By A Big Bomb
M83 - Don't Save Us From the Flames
Deicide - Once Upon a Cross
Dillinger Escape Plan - Panasonic Youth
It's not much, but it works. Especially since three of those songs are genuine rockers and one of them is legitimately scary.
I'm eating better (goodbye, Mission Burrito. I'll miss you), and trying to stick to a routine. I had a Healthy Choice pizza for lunch. They're actually pretty delicious and relatively inexpensive (around $2 or so). Considering I tend to get pretty ravenous when lunch time rolls around, I absolutely inhaled the thing (and possibly the box it came in). Being hungry and sore for four days straight is one thing. Let's see how I feel about it six weeks from now. Although, rejection/heartbreak has been a pretty powerful motivator so far. Hopefully I can get into swimsuit shape by the time it's actually swimsuit season. This is, of course, unless I meet someone new. At which point, I'll let myself go again. Hooray! Alright, that's really all I've got right now. Tomorrow is the mailblog so get those questions in! MemoirsMailbag@gmail.com

3 comments:
Damn it, you're too fucking motivational for your own good. As I was reading this, I was like, it's not a big deal for a guy to get to the gym, he's all, okay, let's just do this - yet I HATE going and thus am wasting $96 a month on a membership I never use.
FINE. I'LL GO. THANKS ROBERT.
(Also, hey! Good plan! Better than drinking yourself to death over it, eh? Also, Girls Aloud. And Britney. Just don't let anyone see your iPod.)
Marshmallow abdomens make me wanna give SQUIRBERTS like Bill Cosby.
i think you should work out, then have a drink and a cigarette. that's my plan and i'm stickin' to it!
Post a Comment