Thursday, April 24, 2008

Idol Gives Back

I know, I know. I've been terrible about posting this week. I really don't have an excuse. I haven't been particularly busy (except yesterday...umm, and today, actually). But besides that, I just haven't had anything to say. Luckily that's changed, because Wednesday night, my brother (the Todd Packer to my Michael Scott) came into town.

To be honest, the night itself wasn't particularly extravagant. We had dinner with Papa K. We went to a few bars in Rice Village. And midtown. It was a long night, but we mostly just chit-chatted with each other. So at around 1:30 or so, Brother Bear and I decided to drag ourselves home and call it a night. However, when we got back to my apartment, we plugged in the Playstation (and the blender) and continued the fun. This is when it went downhill. And fast.

Allow me to explain. They have this American Idol game on Playstation where you sing into a little microphone and based on how on-key your singing is (and how good your timing is), Randy, Simon and something called "Lisa Abdul" either praise you or criticize you. Usually the latter. We played this game until 3:00 in the morning. And as much as I'd like to say, "some of the songs didn't sound half bad," that would be a lie. Because we butchered every song we got our hands on (except for one, more on this in a second).



Anyway, that was a little embarrassing. And since this is my blog, I should be able to edit out anything that makes me look stupid, ugly, stinky or brain damaged, right? So it's only fair that I post at least one respectable performance. So enjoy this one (side note: I should mention that...er...the audio is a tad out of sync on this clip. I must've...ehh...spilled some triple sec on my camera. But. Umm. It still looks fine, and I sound terrific... so...)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, we are absolutely doing that tomorrow.

HOUSTON GOOD TIME WEEKEND!

Anonymous said...

I thought it was good.

-Richard

Anonymous said...

I vote for Richard the Terrorist Elvis.

Anonymous said...

I loved the shirts vs skins approach. This answered my question of "How many margaritas did you drink?"

Anonymous said...

My voting is focused on, what was my favorite part? The "shirts vs. skins?" OR...the classy margaritas out of wine glasses. Have you ever seen Kellie T. do this? SHE'S AWESOME...no shit. She got the best.

kolls said...

Oh my God. I'm absolutely convinced that if all the world's leaders were given that first video, there'd be peace throughout the lands because they'd be too busy laughing their asses off to fight.

Looooove you!