We arrived in Dallas at about 1:00, then headed over to Chuy's for lunch. After that, we stood and around and stared at each other for about six seconds before someone suggested, "wanna go to a bar?" So we did. Needless to say, the next twelve hours were boozy. It was a good time. Saw lots of college friends, since most Texas Tech grads migrate to Dallas (I think there is actually a bus ticket to Dallas printed on the back of every Texas Tech diploma).
On Sunday, we watched what turned out to be a surprisingly entertaining soccer game between the US and Mexico. I feel bad anytime the US beats Mexico in soccer (or Canada in hockey, for that matter). Do we really care? That sport is like a religion to them, and yet, we don't even air it on network TV. Or regular cable TV. Fox Soccer Channel. Terrific. But that's okay. It was still a lot of fun to watch. Landon "receding hairline" Donovan played well, and they managed to fill Soldier Field to capacity. So that was that. Not too much to report. Buuuuut, the mailblog is tomorrow, so there will be much more to read. If you submit a question. So send em in! MemoirsMailbag@gmail.com!

4 comments:
your case of the 'tuesdays' has definitely come through in this post... cheer up roberge..
Yo,
If you had stayed at the going away party a little longer you would have had more musings to report. By midnight we were all in rare form, harkening back to ol' Texas Tech days.
Can I have more art tonight? I'm not at all embarassed to say it made my week. Last week's is tacked up on my wall in my office--until I can get a frame.
i hate to admit it...but i am so psyched today is mailblog wednesday! --rachel
Post a Comment