If a polar bear and a lion fought, both in foreign terrain...who would win?
Kalinda H.
Austin, TX
Oh Kalinda. Surely you must know I could never turn my back on my polar brethren. So wait. Both are in a foreign terrain? So we're not in the Serengeti and we're not in Antarctica. Are we at a neighborhood swimming pool? A shopping mall? The octogon? Regardless, I think the polar bear would win. They may look cute and cuddly, but they can be some real bastards when they want to be. Let's see the lion shrug his shoulders and say "Hakuna Matata" after the polar bear eats his face. If you had to choose a song that would play every time you walked into work, home, bar, etc for the rest of your life, which song would you choose and why?
Matt H.
Pittsburgh, PA
That's a tough one, since I'm not always in the same mood. I mean, it would be kind of ridiculous having to walk into a funeral home while the boodily-boo-boo bassline of "Stayin' Alive" rocked behind me. And no matter what song you pick, you're gonna get really sick of it. So even though I love the Bird and the Bee's "Again & Again" today, that doesn't mean I'll love it two months from now. Although, if you're gonna set the mood, might as well make it cheery. "Walking On Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves. That's my answer. Even though there's a good chance that would be the last thing I heard as I was dangling over my coffee table, having hanged myself after the 12,574th playing of that song.
(side note: "Love Machine" by Girls Aloud is "Walking on Sunshine: 2007." Take my word for it and download it.)
What is your favorite Tech football home game memory? I don't really mean like some great game winning moment, more just some ridiculous shenanigans in the stand or pre or post game.
Kori C.
Houston, TX
My favorite Tech football game memory was when we beat then #4 Texas. They had now-Bear Cedric Benson, now-Lion Roy Williams and now-Buc (and spleen-free!) Chris Simms. We had current Patriot Wes Welker and Winnipeg Blue Bomber Kliff Kingsbury. We had no business winning that game. But we did. Then the student section started inexplicably ripping the bleachers up and passing them around. It was the last Tech game I went to as a student, and it was nice to stand there and soak it all in while people mobbed the field. Those games were a lot of fun, and it's amazing to see who passed through there while we were there. We beat Eli Manning, we lost to Phillip Rivers, we got owned by Vince Young and we owned A&M. No telling what this year will bring. We'll win one we have no business winning and we'll lose one we have no business losing. That's the frustration (and joy?) of being a Tech fan.
What word in the English language has all the vowels in it, in order?
Kalinda H.
Austin, TX
Okay, I'm not gonna cheat on this one. Let's see, A, E, I, O, U and sometimes Y? Is the Y in there? Sometimes? Uhhh.... Fras...ket...siously? Yes, that's it. Frasketsiously. Wait. Strategiously? Is that a word? Aeiouy? "I'm feeling quite aeiouy today. I shouldn't have eaten that corndog wrapper I found stuck to the bottom of my shoe." Who the hell knows. I give up.
Speaking of grammatical mind-benders, did you know ""Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo" is a grammatically correct sentence? It's true. That makes my head want to explode.
And now to the Question of the Week!
If you HAD to be on the Real World, but you could pick your castmates, who would they be? They can be any mix of people: all girls, all boys, living, dead, celebs, your friends - ANYONE.
Megan M.
Austin, TX
It should probably be noted that I haven't watched more than ten minutes of that show over the past four years or so, and at this point, I'm five to six years too old to be on it. This, of course, wouldn't preclude me from participating in the Inferno, where people in their thirties and forties regularly make fools of themselves by getting into cat fights with 20 year olds. I mean, really. Beth from season two of the Real World? Get a job.
Since it is the Real World, you'd have to include at least three complete wackos. Isn't that what this show has become? If you're a narcisstic alcoholic with a six pack, you're given a forum where your self-obsession and alcoholism is not only tolerated, but encouraged! This role would obviously be filled by celebrities. Tom Cruise for one. He's have to be there. Not only to shine a light on his insanity, but also, because I'd get to experience it firsthand! I'd love to catch him sewing his Galactic Confederacy uniform.
Paris Hilton would be there for sure. She's laughably arrogant, dumber than a box of shit, completely self absorbed and at some point she'd probably get drunk and desperate enough to sleep with me. (side note: Am I the only one who thinks Paris looked...I don't know...kinda cute in those pictures where she's getting out of the clink?) Babe Ruth would be our resident drunk/asshole. He would be a lot of fun to go out with, and any arguments he got into would feature lots of incredible 1920's slang. "Ah, applesauce! Paris walks around like she's the cat's pajamas! She's nothing more than an ossified, spifflicated dame with a lot of clams. Horsefeathers. I'm off to the juice joint."
I'd also invite Hakeem Olajuwon, Optimus Prime and Jessica Rabbit. It would be a runaway hit. The bee's knees, even.

11 comments:
Bison from upstate New York who are intimidated by other bison in their community also happen to intimidate other bison in their community.
HEY! Give credit where credit is due, buddy!
You're welcome for "Again and Again" and Girls Aloud. I'll send you the greatest hits (of the latter) with the other CDs - pretty much the best CD ever.
Facetious and abstemious contain all the vowels in the correct order, as does arsenious, meaning "containing arsenic."
I've only used one of those words, and that's facetious.
One question...wouldn't optimus prime cause some serious property damage? you'd TOTALLY lose your deposit.
oh, and your creepy psychosis is safe with me as long as I'm not a victim.
this is fun too. if you're a NERD.
The only word in the English language with all five vowels in reverse order is "subcontinental."
And by the way, will you PLEASE stop calling for the "song of the summer"... You're not a teenage girl wheeling around in your red 1997 Ford Mustang smoking cigarettes with your BFF's... move on.
143,
Reeegan
There's nothing wrong with a summer song. Nothing at all. Ya grouch.
You're right... and it's Lil' Mamma's "Lipgloss"...
I agree! lil mama is like TOTALLY the new rihana, how do you spell her name?
who is Lil' Mamma? I found out this weekend that my mother is more "in the know" than i am.
-beth
I wish there was a blog today. I'm SOOO bored.
Gosh, robert, all my other daily blogs have put their posts up by now. What?!? Like you have work to do? WHATever.
Post a Comment