Tuesday, July 03, 2007

So. Very. Bored.

Holy shit, today may be one of the most boring days of my life. No, that's probably not true. There have been more boring days. There have been Tuesdays in the past that were just as awful as today, but weren't followed by a day off. I guess I'm just anxious to get out of here. I started staring at the clock in anticipation at 9:15. Terrific. Everyone I know gets to leave early today. So, I've stupidly convinced myself that the wonderful higher ups here will let us leave early as well. This is probably not the case, and by the time 5:45 rolls around, I'll probably be stabbing myself in the eye with a highlighter just to pass the time. Anyway.

Tomorrow is the 4th of July. Hooray! America! Naturally, there is an 80% chance of rain in Austin. Eighty. What kind of horseshit is that?! Regardless, we're going to spend the day by the pool getting drunk and cooking out (hopefully). It's a shame it fell on a Wednesday. There's not much you can do with a Wednesday off. It's like having an extra Sunday in the middle of the week. Which would make today Saturday? Er, Friday? This holiday is screwing with my internal calendar.

This past Sunday, I went to the movies. Yes, I know. I never see movies. But I've been wanting to see this one for awhile, and decided to just go by myself. The movie was "Once." I've seen it referred to as a musical, but that's not right. There are songs throughout the movie, but no one is breaking into an elaborate dance number to celebrate the arrival of the Duke of Edinburgh or anything. It's the story of a street musician in Ireland who meets a girl, they play music together, their friendship blossoms, etc, etc, etc. I'm kind of a gaywad for stuff like that. Anyway, I really enjoyed it. You should see it. And then buy the soundtrack.

Blahblahblah...I didn't have anything to say today. I just didn't want to go an entire week without writing something. And chances that I'll write something tomorrow are pretty slim, considering I'll be drunk and by a swimming pool. So the Mailblog is taking the week off, I'm afraid. Get those questions in. Next week we'll have a super sized Double Mailblog! Hooray! MemoirsMailbag@gmail.com

No comments: