Alright! Back from the dead! Hooray! Yeah. Sorry for the long lapse in postings. Between the July 4th shenanigans and the fallout from said shenanigans, my brain has been kinda cooked. What can I say.
So, July 4th! I love July 4th. I'm a big fan of BBQs anyway, so the fact that July 4th allows for those BBQs to occur on what would normally be a workday makes me happy. And any holiday that includes a fireworks show automatically ranks it near the top. The one drawback to July 4th, of course, is having to work on July 5th. I think everyone should get July 5th off, regardless of what day of the week the 4th falls on. I mean, most people get the 5th off anyway. Do you really want to be the company that makes your employees come in? No.
I spent the 4th at my friend Kalinda's apartment pool, playing water volleyball and drinking. And drinking. And taking a timeout to eat a little something. Then drinking some more. As Richard so wisely pointed out, "if there's one scenario where it's possible to drink fifty beers, it's when you're hanging out in a pool." This is so true. Anyway, we must've been out there for seven hours. It rained on and off, but the sun did manage to show up at the end of the day. All in all, it was a fantastic time.
Thursday on the other hand. My god. I haven't felt that shitty in a long, long time. Not only was I hungover, but I was sunburned, sun-drained and I'd gotten water in my ear, so I was all disoriented and dizzy. I stared straight ahead for the first twenty minutes concentrating on not throwing up. I did manage to make it all the way to 11:45 before going home and sleeping until I had to get up for work on Friday. Amazingly enough, I still felt like crap on Friday! It's a rare thing, the two day hangover. You need to really, really overindulge. And you need to be a certain age. I can't imagine a 19 year old having a two day hangover. They're too resilient. Anyway, I actually spent the entire weekend on the couch as well. This water in my ear is really screwing with me. I can't concentrate, I can't see straight, I can't think straight and it's making me feel tired all the time. So I'm going to the doctor tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to piece together a more coherent and entertaining posting then.
And don't forget about double Mailblog Wednesday! Get those questions in! MemoirsMailbag@gmail.com
-

5 comments:
if you get diagnosed with swimmer's ear, i'm quitting my job and becoming a doctor.
i will also expect 1/3 of what you owe the doctor. just sayin'...
-beth
yes, robert, let's allow beth to go in to practicing medicine for diagnosing you with THE MOST COMMON EXPLANATION!!
I just wanted to give a little shout out to the world series of pop culture. It's awesome & started last night.
-K
my guess is it's the herp...
I thought this was appropriate for you. You'd probably never wear a shirt like this, but maybe there's a bumper sticker out there.
http://www.threadless.com/product/917/I_Listen_To_Bands
www.threadless.com/product/917/I_Listen_To_Bands
Post a Comment