Well, I had every intention of writing a nice, long NASCAR recap yesterday. I even took notes at the race and brought them with me to the office. But I started to write and nothing was happening. The synapses in my brain just weren't firing. Apparently following up an entire day of drinking in the sun with only a marginally good night of sleep will make you retarded. If only temporarily.
Saturday morning I was Robert. I didn't go out Friday night, I did my laundry, I went to bed early, I had a somewhat nice breakfast (never order lox at Einstein Brothers, by the way) in the morning, I felt like a million bucks. Then at around 4:00, as we approached Ft. Worth, the boozing started. And so my IQ began its slow decline into single digits. By Saturday night I was Tyra Banks. By Sunday afternoon I was Paris Hilton. By Sunday night I was Muhammad Ali. By Monday morning I was Terri Shiavo. So it's probably not a bad thing that no blog was posted yesterday.
However, there is a NASCAR posting coming. I promise. Hell, I took notes. I have to, right? The following things will play a part in the eventual posting: Beer, tequila, Slim Jim, Waffle House, cheese-on-a-stick, handlebar moustache, Country Music Television, Charlie Daniels, the phrase "Jesus is my crew chief" and (of course) race cars. Wow. I may cut and paste that sentence and include it in my letter to Santa.
-

12 comments:
Boooooo... Boo to blog entries about blog entries... BOO, I SAY!
agreed. i stopped by for an awesome recap of the awesomely awesome weekend, and I find THIS?!?
Oh--revision on blog name title: Trashmouth and ShitPussy.
Final answer.
Boo to blog entries about Terri Shiavo. That's low. Chuckle producing, but still low.
And boo to blog entries about blog entries, too.
Who do you think you are?! BOOO!
Well, technically this was an entry about how slow I felt yesterday. With a bit of a teaser about the NASCAR entry at the end. So nice of my readers to gang up on me and leave ANONYMOUS comments. But I love you, readers. Don't go.
oh - you have to rename it trashmouth and shitpussy. that's fucking awesome.
or, just CHOKEPUNCH
I don't really think I like the Muhammed Ali reference either...
clarification: it is not "funky town worth", just "funky town". i understand there is then no reference to the 'w', it just sounds cooler.
No new blog name and no new blerg?!
-dave
"Neener, neener."
Yes, I am sticking the thumbs of my undulating, open-palmed hands in my ears.
Now I shall run away with a giggle.
just re-name it Terry "Choke/Punch" Schiavo.
Shit.
I just horrified my own self with that statement.
I prefer to remain anonymous.
Post a Comment