Thursday, May 31, 2007

Hogs and Heifers! Yeehaw!

Well, the weekend is right around the corner. Four day weeks are terrific. On Tuesday, you think it's Monday. On Wednesday, you think it's only Tuesday. On Thursday...well, today feels like Thursday, only because I've been thinking about the coming weekend since I got to work Tuesday morning.

It's been raining like hell for the past seven days, which is always a little depressing. But tomorrow, Friday, it's finally clearing up! I've also got a friend coming to town, sans wife, so you know he'll be up for a good time. So with all of these wonderful elements coming together, what, oh what are we to do with ourselves?!

Well, we could start by going to the Republic of Texas Biker Rally. Uhhh...what? Yes, that's right. Austin will play host to over 400,000(!!!) bikers this weekend. And being that Austin is known for its live music, we'll be welcoming performances by some real musical heavyweights, including The Guess Who, Grand Funk Railroad and Foghat! Foghat!!

I know I missed the "take home a trashy woman with bleached, crimped hair" boat during NASCAR weekend, but I smell redemption in my future. Sweet, greasy, sweaty, mulletted redemption. And exhaust. I smell lots of exhaust. One thing that kind of worries me about the weekend is just what kind of carnage these bikers are going to leave behind. I mean, bikers can be pretty surly, can't they?. Especially when there are 400,000 of them, and they've been drinking? Well, that shouldn't really be a problem, right? It's not like anything else is planned for this weekend.

Note to self: buy leather chaps immediately.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Meat Puppets are also playing at the ROT Rally! The Meat Puppets! With their one hit that was popular back when I first got my drivers license...

It is fairly funny to see Congress closed on Friday night for 400,000 Harley's and then closed again on Saturday night for Rainbow Flags and Gay Floats...

The Meat Puppets!

Anonymous said...

i still say we pull up lawnchairs and drink beer that I will purchase on my gas card and watch the goings-on of this weekend. i'm sure it will be memorable.

-beth