Friday, May 18, 2007

Sunshiny Day!

God, I love Fridays. I really don't have much to talk about today, I just wanted to do a little free-form blabbing. So bear with me. This week has been relatively uneventful. I haven't really left my apartment at all (aside from a round of pitch-and-putt on Tuesday and two visits to Eric's gym/apartment). The weather is absolutely gorgeous right now. I should feign sickness and spend the rest of the day by a swimming pool.

I'm not sure what the weekend will hold. I'm flat broke right now, which erases any options that require money. No bars, no theme parks, no strip clubs, no restaurants, no casinos...what the hell am I supposed to do with myself? Actually, I'm planning on doing a little spring cleaning tomorrow. I'm pretty sure the orange ring in my bathtub wasn't there when I moved in. Gross. Although, my apartment is tiny, so it shouldn't take too long. And what's better than a sparkling clean apartment? It'll be refreshing to take a nice big breath in my living room and think "my, that smells nice!" instead of the usual, "what the hell is that smell? Is there a dead pigeon somewhere I don't know about?" Yeah. So, this cleaning is somewhat overdue. Not to mention I have a stack of mail on my counter that probably rivals Santa's. But anyway.

Next weekend is Memorial Day weekend, which is exciting. I'm going out to a friend's lakehouse, which is apparently set up like a summer camp. It's shaping up be one of those three-day marathon boozing sessions that tests the limits of your liver and immune system. Late nights. Lots of sunshine. Lots of fun. I'm going to be a crispy, hungover mess when it's all said and done. Stay tuned!

Alright, have a good weekend. See you next week!

Person of the Day: Arah Knox (aka Mama Knox)
1.) Easily the smartest woman I've ever known. Her advice is always right. She's genuinely hilarious. And she's got an artistic side that never quite materialized (just like Pam!). And she can play the piano and sing. Well.
2.) To quote Tupac, she "raised two bad kids on her own." Hats off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the lakehouse is definitely summer camp.

for drunken dumbasses. so, make sure that's what you are....

Anonymous said...

Um, you immortalizing yo' mama as your Person of the Day?

A-goddamn-dorable.

Also, get excited! I'm sending you something in the next couple of days (aka when I get my hands on some blank CDs!)