Monday, May 14, 2007

Monday still for drooling.

Typically I don't write anything on Mondays because I'm so drained from the weekend. This is sort of the case today. After a pretty late night on Saturday, I spent yesterday afternoon by the pool, continuing my hopeless quest to slowly shift my skin tone from white to pink. I think it worked. When I got home, I was starting to see that lovely bubblegum hue we all hope for. Anyway, the sun sapped all of my energy, so I was in bed and asleep by 9:30. I am 94 years old. This is terrific, except for one unforeseen consequence. I woke up at 4:00 in the morning, refreshed and ready to tackle the day. Well, obviously, there isn't much day to tackle at four o' clock in the morning. If I had woken up at 6:30 or so, at least I could've gone jogging. No one jogs at 4 am, unless they're jogging away from the Valero they just robbed at gunpoint. So I tried to go back to sleep, which finally did happen. At 6:00. Great. So, predictably enough, I was dead tired when I reawoke at 8:00.

However, work has been surprisingly slow today. This is a good thing. I really haven't had anything to get mad about. And the day is moving along relatively quickly. You can't ask for much more on a Monday. I've spent the majority of my day browsing for music on MySpace - which is something I've never really done before. This may come as a huge shock, but MySpace is a pretty good resource for finding new bands. Who knew. Oh, everyone? Ah. Anyway, Austin bills itself as the "Live Music Capital of the World," so I've been poking around to see what exactly the city has to offer. The answer is "everything." Good. Bad. Acoustic. Electronic. Contrived. Sincere. It's all here. I'm enjoying Oh No! Oh My! right now. Can we move on from the "punctuation in band names" thing now? Please?

Please remember to get those questions in for Wednesdays mailbag. Right now, there is one question in the mailabg. Might make for a brief posting. Again, it's MemoirsMailbag@gmail.com. Until then...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say, I love that you have "tan" as one of your tags. Did you finally run out of Coppertone? :)

Robert said...

Well, I'm hoping it will become a theme throughout the summer. I certainly wasn't going to create a "pasty" tag.

And yes. I'm out of Coppertone. Hopefully Bruno can come through for me.